different shades

different shades
Different Moments

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 28, 2014 - Learnt so much from you, my dearest sis! We are all so proud of you! Heavy Heart..

" I am so proud of that girl!" Jethu uttered as we started from the airport. Few minutes back we have seen Anjoli enter the airport for her flight to Mumbai from where she goes to Seoul from where she goes back to Hawaii. 

We are all proud of you, girl! You had almost plunged into a sea of unknown with a lifeboat full of courage, determination, energy, faith, and persistence. To come to a country that you had lasted visited in 1994 at the age of 11 with your dad and eldest sister, to go to the most unknown and ruthless parts of that country, to reach the right places at the right times, to obtain permits from organizations run by "the Indian Government", to go to every corner that beckoned you with the history fragments, to do whatever was needed, to win everybody's hearts with your attitude and intentions, to earn assistance with the pure belief that there is no reason that people would not help you, to even conceive the idea that you could do your thesis on Kalinath Ray, needed HEART and GUTS! And you have plenty!

It is hard to satisfy a father. It is hard to make him feel proud of you. You have made him proud, like you have on many previous occasions. You have made everybody so proud! I am sure Kalinath, your Thakurda, Mago, Tapankaku, BaRo-JeThu, Thamma, my Thakurda are all so proud of you! They have been and are blessing you from up above.

As your profile became smaller and hazier behind the glass, there was a heaviness in the heart that cannot be explained. You were not looking towards us, but we were moving parallel to you, outside. We could not be there for long as it was not allowed, and my heart sank. You are on the flight to Mumbai, right now, and my soul is with you.

Earlier, when Jethu tried to tuck money into your hands, I realized this is what Dads do! Suddenly missed you know what!

Your figure receding behind the glass is etched in me, right now.

I know you will keep on making your Dad and all of us prouder and prouder!

I am so thankful that I could spend some time with you this afternoon.. It will stay with me.. the corrections, the narrations, the stories, the fun.. the whole of it.

For me, South City Garden would not be the same without you, and your smile, and your eyes. Will be missing you terribly.. already am..

Heavy heart, right now..Love you, dear Sis.. Anjoli Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment