different shades

different shades
Different Moments

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Thank you, ANjoli! This trip of yours meant a lot for me!!

July 27, 2014

Well, this can be called the last evening with Anjoli Roy on this trip of hers, if I dont count seeing her off tomorrow evening! Since the last 5-6 days, I have tried to make a daily visit to South City Garden, only because Anjoli is leaving tomorrow! If I think of it, I have met her everyday since last Tuesday. On Wednesday, we spent a beautiful day together full of family-history-hunt, memories, excitement and thrill, engulfed in a cozy embrace of togetherness. We have created memories, we have found out history, we have connected dots (Joyadidi's language), we have rejoiced, we have erased mistakes, written new truth!

Now, it seems that this trip of Anjoli's went like a breeze. But, she had toiled hard in Delhi and Chandigarh! What she achieved is not child's play! She was resolute and determined and she continues to be so! She is hungry for information and relentless in her search.

This visit of Anjoli's has given me a lot. Firstly, it has given me a sister - A sister with whom not only two of my bloodlines are connected, but a sister with whom I could share things that I have not shared with many over the last two years or so. Actually, I have never shared things with many, but then, there had been few, who were also not there lately. In more ways than one she became the sister that I had always missed, always searched for in cousins and sister-in-laws. In Anjoli I found a warm and understanding heart with a very thoughtful and sensitive mind. I will never forget the hug that you gave today evening, when I needed it the most, just minutes after being asked some awkward questions. Just love you for being sensitive. Not many are these days. Secondly this visit of Anjoli's has gotten me interested, involved, engrossed, and engaged in the family histories. Especially, since the Beadon Street visit, I have become fiercely eager to know every bit of history of both my Thakurda's and Thakurma's bloodline, history that was written in Lahore, Khulna, Beadon Street, TalaBaRi. I, for the first time, got the dates memorized (not for the sake of memorizing, but by reading Anjoli's blogs with utmost attention). Kalinath's death- December 9, 1945, Shashikumar's Death- 1946.. so forth and so on. At one point, I even started correcting Anjoli's typos regarding dates! Due to the intrigue that I feel towards the Beadon Street house and Tarulata, I have tried to find as much information as I could about them, which had gotten me more intrigued, more interested, and more involved. I have started feeling that I want to do more and more research on the Beadon Street house. That house attracts me. I want to go there again and again. Thirdly, Anjoli's visit has brought me back to blogging and writing things other than dry articles that I write for earning money. I have been turning my FB posts into blogs where I found myself logging in for the first time in 4-5 years! Last, but not the least, Anjoli's visit has brought me a strange kind of belief and confidence. I dont know whether her smile does that to you!

When I left home today afternoon, it seemed that I had quite a long time to spend with Anjoli this evening. But, time with Anjoli and Jethu always evaporates. Thus, this evening of July 27 also went away, but not before creating some moments and memories to be cherished forever.

So, few hours of tomorrow is what I will get of ANjoli on this trip of hers. Few hours of my bright and talented sister has to suffice for now. I would end by apologizing for not spending enough time with you and for any inadvertent thing I might have done or said to hurt you, dear Sis. Do forgive. Love you. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment