different shades

different shades
Different Moments

Monday, August 3, 2015

Have as Many Potatoes as you Want to, Baba!

Last year, Aug 3 was a Sunday.. a Happy day.. a Happy Evening.. My cousin was visiting with his wife and child.. Baba felt that the child was trying a lot to help in his recovery, he told me this in so many words! In the evening, he was wheeled to my brother's flat where everybody sat together for tea and chitchat.. Baba said, "She seems to be in virtual world half the time.. at least that is what I think", looking at the child... He was expecting something more than just chitchat to happen.. He kept asking why had he been brought there, was someone going to sing a song? He asked for the same glass of fruit juice that he had had in the morning.. He was refused because of his sugar level.. Looking at the fried potatoes that my brother was preparing for his meat recipe, Baba asked for one. He was assured that he would be given one with his dinner. When they were putting him back to his bed in his room, he told me "Nobody will give me the potato. I know". I told my brother to give him a small piece at least..
Baba, I hope the world you are in right now is free of restrictions.. You are getting lots of sweets, fruit juices, potatoes, luchi, paratha and what not. You are getting to hear songs.. and Nobody is refusing you anything.. None is making fun of you too.. Love you..

No comments:

Post a Comment