different shades

different shades
Different Moments

Monday, August 3, 2015

Written on Aug 2, 2014

Prior to this evening, the last cup of tea that I had made for you was on the morning of April 30 when you sat at our dining table as you bled profusely from your head injury. Startled, hurried, and unused to making tea for you in the morning, I had put sugar in your cup and did not even realize it, until you sipped it and said "Chini diyechhis naki? (Have you put sugar in it?)". Realizing my mistake, I promptly made you another sugarless cup of tea as you waited for Buro to arrive with the car and take you to the hospital.
Yes, it was as long as 3 months back. Over this lo-o-ng period I, who made your evening tea everyday (sometimes impatiently much before you reached home, and you heating the tea up in the microwave without a single complaint), have not made a single cup of tea for you. Today evening, after I had made your tea, after you had had it, after I had asked you how the tea was, and after you had uttered the word "Excellent" with utmost clarity, I realized that the last cup of tea that I had made for you was a little more than 3 months back! It has been the longest 3 months of your life, the longest battle, the hardest struggle that you have ever faced. It has been the longest battle for quite a few. I am touching wood..as there are heartwarming signs that there might be a victory.. as you tell Jethu that even you can make tea when Jethu says that he can make it for you, and as you utter the word "Excellent" without a single quiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment