different shades

different shades
Different Moments

Friday, October 30, 2015

OCT 31.. Day Mrs. Indira Gandhi was assassinated..

30 years of Indira Gandhi's assassination and the resulting fanaticism against the Sikhs.. I still remember that evening.. I was going out with Thamma to attend my CLT class.. people from the tea-shop opposite our house in our then-new neighborhood advised my Granny to stay indoors and gave her the news.. We did not have a television back then.. So, Thamma took us to our next-door-neighbor Shipra-Jethi's house and settled in front of their TV.. Later, Baba joined us there.. it was a long evening of adults watching the News.. We did not go to school the next day.. Acc to Wiki, my memory is okay, as the news was announced on Doordarshan more than 10 hours after Mrs Gandhi was shot. The shooting took place around 9-20 am, she was taken to AIIMS around 9-30 am, and she was declared dead around 2-20 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment