different shades

different shades
Different Moments

Thursday, September 15, 2016

September 8

September 8, 2006: I was released from Belle Vue Clinic after Dr Manoj Agarwal saved my life from a fatal viral diarrhea and severe anemia. Over the last ten years, he has treated almost my entire family and despite being the busiest of doctors have always answered my phone calls, requests, and text messages. I am one of those rare people who can walk into his clinic and tell his veteran assistant that I want to meet him, and I am allowed just like that!! Yes, it happened today only, as it had happened earlier.. particularly on June 19, 2015 (the day before Baba left us), when he kept my request and left all his work to see Baba ..
September 8, 2016: On reaching Belle Vue with Ma and Bro (as Ma was scheduled to have an angiograph today), I suddenly realized that today was the 8th of September, exactly 10 years of my release on recovering from the scary disease. After the cause of our visit today yielded relieving results (i.e. the angiograph revealed that another angioplasty was not needed), I had my lunch. I was on my own, as my brother had left for work and Ma was taken back to the ICU for rest and observation. After the nice filling lunch with uttapam and ice-cream, I decided to buy a chocolate for my favorite doc. On returning to Belle Vue, I entered Dr Manoj Agarwal's clinic and asked his assistant Shrabani whether I could meet him. Shrabani sighed and gave in. I went in and stood in front of his chamber as the door was closed and I could hear voices inside. After a couple of moments, he rushed out with long strides and I interrupted him, giving him the chocolate and mentioning the significance of today's date. Then I touched his feet. He was astonished and said, "10 years, already!" Then he asked about my health and gave me some valuable pieces of suggestion.
Soon, it was the visiting hour. I met Ma and narrated the incident to her and she looked glad that I paid my respect to a priceless doctor.
After the visiting hour was over, Bro wanted to have an ice-cream and we entered the eatery just opposite Belle Vue. He chose an ice-cream and I chose pomegranate juice and it was an enjoyable evening chatting with my brother while we devoured our choices. Although it was a jolt when we got the bill, it will be an evening to remember. In fact, it will be a day to remember.
On September 8, 2006, Baba and Bro had brought me home while Ma waited for me with her fish stew. Today, on September 8, 2016, Baba not being there, Bro and I did our best to be there with Ma. And I paid my respect and thankfulness to my doctor, marking a 10-year milestone, which made me feel good, really good. Tomorrow, Bro will bring Ma home and I will wait for her with my fish stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment